This page acts as a living repository for research, guidelines and documents produced by Women in Wind Global Leadership Program. We have also included publicly available and impactful reports, toolkits and roadmaps which promote greater gender diversity and more inclusive workplaces for women in wind energy.
Share ideas for further industry and community resources to add to this page by contacting email@example.com.
Women in Wind: Research and Support Tools
"Let the Wind Blow"
Children's Book (2020)
2019 will be remembered as the year something changed, when children went on strike to demand that adults take action to stop climate change. This moment is memorialised in "Let the Wind Blow," a book which engages young children in climate action and wind power. Women in Wind supported the global translations of the book into Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Mongolian and Turkish.
Best Practices for Gender Diversity in Talent Recruitment (2020)
As governments seek a green recovery from the COVID-19 crisis, gender diversity must be prioritised to ensure a just recovery. Women in Wind have compiled a guide of best practices to advance gender equality in the wind industry and attract top talent and skills, with the end-goal of building a dynamic and inclusive workforce that can drive the global energy transition.
Report with IRENA: "Wind energy: A gender perspective" (2020)
Wind energy remains largely male-dominated. Yet opportunities exist to improve the gender balance and entrench wind power as part of an inclusive and sustainable energy system. This report examines the most comprehensive data collected to date on female representation, gender-inclusive policies and perceptions of gender bias in the global wind industry.
Best Practices for Gender Diversity at Industry Events (2019)
Industry events are important fora to put into action gender-inclusiveness in the wind sector. Women in Wind have compiled a guide of best practices to help event organizers implement gender diversity.
Webcast: "Why Gender Diversity is Important for The Wind Industry" (2019)
Watch this Women in Wind Webinar to learn more on the state of play for gender diversity in renewables, and the barriers and opportunities for women working in the wind sector.
Women in Wind Statement to UNFCCC on Gender Mainstreaming (2019)
In July 2019, GWEC and GWNET submitted a statement to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) on behalf of the Women in Wind Global Leadership Program.
Women in Wind: Events and Communiques
Corporate toolkits to increase diversity and inclusion:
- UK Offshore Wind Industry Council‘s Best Practice Guide: Diversity & Inclusion (2020)
- Equalby30 Signatories Toolkit (2018)
- UK Women’s Business Council “Balance the System” and gender diversity dashboard tool (2018)
- UK Women’s Business Council “Returners: a toolkit for employers” (2018)
- PDT “Leadership that Supports the Progression of Women” (2017)
- Australia Workplace Gender Equality Agency’s “Gender Strategy Toolkit” and extended resources (2016)
- Inspire “Diversity Toolkit” Podcast Series (2014)
- LeanIn “8 Powerful Ways Managers Can Support Equality“
- Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (Global)
- Climate Investment Funds’ report “Gender and renewable energy: Entry points for women’s livelihoods and employment” (2017)
- European Institute for Gender Equality Toolkits (Global)
- ESMAP Gender and Energy Publications Library (global)
- GWNET Webinar Series (Global)
- GWNET Resources Library (Global)
- Harvard University’s Project Implicit test on unconscious bias (2008)
- IRENA report “Renewable energy: A gender perspective” (2019)
- POWERful Women’s Business Case for Diversity (UK)
- WRISE Job Board (US)