Webcast Series - Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: India
About the Webcast
GWEC and RE100, an initiative led by The Climate Group in partnership with CDP, are organising a webcast series on “Corporates in the Global Energy Transition” throughout 2020. This series examines how corporate sourcing of renewable energy in emerging wind/solar markets is transforming energy systems around the world. The webcasts are conducted in partnership with Baker McKenzie and Global Solar Council (GSC), and focus on four high-impact markets or regions: India, Taiwan, Japan and South East Asia/Australia.
The India edition will be held on 30 July 2020, beginning with a webcast highlighting the opportunities and challenges for corporate procurement of renewable energy in India. International law firm Baker McKenzie will explain the legal and regulatory frameworks supporting the corporate market in India, including potential barriers for market actors. ReNew Power will discuss the on-the-ground reality from the corporate supply-side perspective, unpacking the experience, gaps and upsides for procurement of renewables.
Following the webcast, there will be an opportunity for free networking sessions bringing together corporate renewable energy buyers, sellers and advisers, hosted for one hour on the Hopin platform. Members of RE100, GWEC and GSC will be invited to register to access exclusive networking rooms for small groups. Other registered attendees who are not members of these organisations are welcome to access one-on-one networking sessions.
The India edition of this webcast series will run over two hours and include:
12:00-12:55 CEST I Webcast
- Opening remarks and role of renewables in India’s energy transition
- Divya Sharma, Executive Director – India, The Climate Group
- Joyce Lee, Policy and Operations Director, Global Wind Energy Council
- Market readiness and regulatory environment of corporate PPAs in India
- Paul Curnow, Partner, Baker McKenzie (Sydney)
- Andrew Zaw, Local Principal, Baker McKenzie (Singapore)
- Challenges and opportunities of selling renewables to corporates in India
- Mayank Bansal, President, Strategy and Operations, ReNew Power
- Roundtable discussion, moderated by Atul Mudaliar and joined by experts above, as well as:
- Bhavna Prasad, Director, Sustainable Business – WWF India
- Shailesh Telang, Technical Manager, Renewable Energy, CDP India
12:55-13:05 CEST I Break
13:05-14:00 I Networking
- Exclusive networking rooms + Baker McKenzie room for legal/regulatory questions and discussion (open to members of RE100, GWEC and GSC)
- One-on-one networking (open to all other attendees)
Note: The webcast will be preceded by a private RE100 India members forum, for which RE100 members will receive a separate invite.
30 July 2020
Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: India
Early August 2020 (TBC)
Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: Taiwan
Q3 2020 (TBC)
Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: Japan
Early October 2020 (TBC)
Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: South East Asia/Australia
Missed the first webcast in the series? Watch the first edition, “Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy in Emerging Markets,” for a global overview of corporate renewable energy procurement trends, models and opportunities. With experts from BloombergNEF, RE100, GWEC and Eurelectric, the first edition provides foundational knowledge on how the corporate market can drive the energy transition of emerging renewables markets.