Webcast Series - Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: Taiwan
About the Webcast
GWEC and RE100, an initiative led by The Climate Group in partnership with CDP, are organising a webcast series on “Corporates in the Global Energy Transition” throughout 2020. This series examines how corporate sourcing of renewable energy in emerging wind/solar markets is transforming energy systems around the world. The webcasts are conducted in partnership with Baker McKenzie and Global Solar Council (GSC), and focus on four high-impact markets or regions: India, Taiwan, Japan and South East Asia/Australia.
The Taiwan edition will be held on 13 August 2020, beginning with a webcast highlighting the opportunities and challenges for corporate procurement of renewable energy in Taiwan. The Director of the Energy Technology Division at Taiwan’s Bureau of Energy will speak about the role of renewables in Taiwan’s energy transition. International law firm Baker McKenzie will explain the legal and regulatory frameworks supporting the corporate market in Taiwan, including potential barriers for market actors. TCI will discuss the on-the-ground reality from the corporate demand-side perspective, unpacking the experience, gaps and upsides for procurement of renewables.
Following the webcast, there will be an opportunity for free networking sessions bringing together corporate renewable energy buyers, sellers and advisers, hosted for one hour on the Hopin platform.
The Taiwan edition of this webcast series will run over two hours and include:
15:30-16:30 UTC+8 I Webcast
- Opening remarks
- Aleksandra Klassen, Senior Impact Manager, RE100
- Joyce Lee, Policy and Operations Director, Global Wind Energy Council
- The role of renewables in Taiwan’s energy transition
- Dr. Chung-Hsien Chen (陳崇憲), Director, Energy Technology Division, Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan
- Market readiness and regulatory environment of corporate PPAs in Taiwan
- Tiffany Huang (黃台芬), Partner, Head of the Energy, Mining and Infrastructure and Insurance Practice Groups, Baker McKenzie (Taipei)
- Murray Bowler (林行天), Senior Consultant, Baker McKenzie (Taipei)
- Challenges and opportunities of procuring renewables in Taiwan
- Remi Lee (李東維), Chief Sustainability Officer, TCI
- Roundtable discussion, joined by experts above
- Moderated by Nate Maynard (馬耐德), Research Associate, Chung-hua Institution for Economic Research (CIER)
16:30-17:30 UTC+8 I Networking
- Facilitated in small groups and 1-on-1 matches
30 July 2020
Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: India
13 August 2020
Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: Taiwan
Q3 2020 (TBC)
Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: Japan
Early October 2020 (TBC)
Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: South East Asia/Australia
Past Series Webcasts
Missed the webcast on corporate sourcing in India?
Watch “Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy: India” (30 July 2020) for an overview of the regulatory framework, opportunities and challenges for corporate renewable energy procurement in India. This edition featured presentations and a roundtable discussion among experts from The Climate Group, GWEC, Baker McKenzie, ReNew Power, CDP and WWF.
Missed the first webcast in the series?
Watch the first edition, “Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy in Emerging Markets,” (27 May 2020) for a global overview of corporate renewable energy procurement trends, models and opportunities. With experts from BloombergNEF, RE100, GWEC and Eurelectric, the first edition provides foundational knowledge on how the corporate market can drive the energy transition of emerging renewables markets.