Webcast on Wind: Global Wind Energy Markets in 2018
9 April 2019
15:00 - 16:00 CET
The latest data released by the Global Wind Energy Council shows that the total new installed capacity of wind energy reached 51.3 GW in 2018. Since 2014, the global wind market’s growth has been stable, installing above 50 GW of new capacity each year.
Despite a 3.9% decrease in the global installed onshore market, there was promise shown by growth in developing regions such as Latin America, South-East Asia and Africa which were responsible for 10% of new onshore installations in 2018 (3.9 GW).
In this webinar, we will share insights on key market developments during 2018, covering topics such as:
- Highlights from the Global Wind Report 2018
- What are the main growth drivers for the global wind market in 2018 and going forward
- Which markets have experienced the most growth and which markets show the most potential for future growth
- Forecasted Market Outlook beyond 2018
- GWEC’s 2019 Activities to Support the Global Wind Energy Market
- Karin Ohlenforst, Director of Market Intelligence, GWEC
- Feng Zhao, Strategy Director, GWEC
- Alberto Barcia, Commercial Director, Ingeteam Wind Energy
- Ramon Fiestas, Chairman, GWEC Latin America Committee
- Joyce Lee, Policy & Operations Director, GWEC