About the Webinar
The Biden administration’s commitment to deploy 30 GW of offshore wind by 2030, made in late March 2021, is an unequivocal statement about the growth of the offshore wind industry in the US. The investment in a broad wind supply chain which can reinvigorate coastal communities, and deliver tens of thousands of development and construction jobs to kickstart green economic recovery along the East Coast. With the long-awaited Vineyard Wind project – the first utility-scale project scheduled to come online in the US – having concluded its environmental review in March, it is on-track to begin delivering clean power to Massachusetts in 2023. This green light and the 30 GW target signal the way forward for other large-scale offshore wind projects, heralding a new age for offshore wind expansion in the US.
This session will bring together representatives from federal and state energy authorities with offshore wind developers and OEMs in the US to discuss the economic impacts of offshore wind expansion, across green jobs and industrial development, as well as the near-term challenges to scaling up the industry.
- Adrienne Downey, Principal Engineer – Offshore Wind, NYSERDA
- Christy Guthman, North American Sales and Commercial Lead, GE Renewable Energy
- Maggie Lemmerman, Head of Federal Affairs and Government, Orsted
- Abby Watson, Head of Government Affairs for North America, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Laura Morton, Senior Director, Policy and Regulatory Affairs, ACP
- Alastair Dutton, Chair of GWEC’s Global Offshore Wind Task Force
The webinar is an official side event of the US Climate Action Week, organised by The Climate Group.
Welcome and introduction to the GWEC and Informa Markets strategic partnership
- GWEC Representative
- Gareth Rapley, Group Director – Energy & Utilities, Informa Markets
Overview of GWEC and Informa Markets events in 2021
- India Wind Power – Rajneesh Khattar, Group Director – India, Informa Markets
- Asia Wind Power and Vietnam Wind Power – BT Tee, General Manager – Vietnam, Informa Markets
- Global Net Zero Summit – Deep Karani, Exhibition Director, Informa Markets
- MENA Wind Power – Ramy Boushra, Exhibition Manager, Informa Markets
Your chance to ask all your burning questions about the GWEC and Informa partnership, our events in 2021, and how your company can get involved!