About the Webcast
The organisers of the Global Offshore Wind Summit – China, the Chinese Renewable Energy Industries Association (CREIA), the Chinese Wind Energy Association (CWEA) and the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), are launching a virtual GOWS series in May as an extension of the GOWS conference. The online event will be an important platform for all stakeholders to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on supply chains, the latest of offshore wind policy development, and trends in technology and innovation. It is also intended to help companies turn the crisis into opportunities and facilitate sustainable development of offshore wind in order to contribute to a green economic recovery.
The first installment of the virtual GOWS series “ Opportunities and challenges after COVID-19 for global offshore wind industry” will discuss opportunities for the development of the industry, analys the impact of COVID-19, insights on how to overcome supply chain bottlenecks and outlook for offshore wind in China with key stakeholders from both the Chinese and global offshore industry.
Join industry leaders from key stakeholders in the global offshore industry such as EDF, GE Renewable Energy, Huaneng, Goldwind, Mingyang Smart Energy, Shanghai Electric, Winergy, and Schaeffler to drive offshore wind growth across the world!
Keynote speech: Analysis of COVID-19 impacts on the global offshore wind industry
- Ben Backwell, CEO, GWEC
- Moderator: Li Junfeng, President of CREIA
Panel Discussion 1: How to reduce the impacts of COVID-19 on the offshore wind industry
- Zhang Xiaozhao, Deputy Director, Renewable Department, China Huaneng Group
- Erwann Debos, VP, China Offshore Wind, EDF Renewables
- Miao Jun, Vice President, Shanghai Electric Wind Power Group
- Liu Rixin, Vice President, Goldwind Science & Technology
- David Morgado, Senior Energy Policy Specialist, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Moderator: Qin Haiyan, Secretary General, CWEA
Panel Discussion 2: Driving growth: overcoming supply chain bottlenecks through global collaboration
- Zhang Qiying, Executive President & CTO, Mingyang Smart Energy
- Tian Qingjun, Vice President, Envision Energy Technologies
- François Cavan, Offshore Wind Global Supply Chain General Manager, GE Renewable Energy
- Li Zhaodong, Senior Vice President, Industrial Sales and Business Unites, Schaeffler Greater China
- Joerg Sieber, General Manager, Winergy China
- Moderator: Feng Zhao, Strategy Director, GWEC