About the Webinar
On 25 March, GWEC will release its 16th flagship Global Wind Report , which will provide a comprehensive overview of the global wind industry through the latest market data, country profiles, trends and analysis from GWEC Market Intelligence. It is the most trusted publication globally for wind energy insights on current market status and the future of the industry.
The theme of this year’s report is ‘Wind energy’s role on the road to net zero’. The report will look at the growing trend of countries and regions to announce net zero targets as the world ramps up its commitments and actions to head of the threat of catastrophic climate change, and as major investors and private sector companies follow suit and declare their own targets around carbon neutrality.
The report will also look at key trends in the industry such as how oil & gas companies are transitioning to renewable energy sources such as offshore wind, how the wind industry is committed to increasing sustainability, the latest technology innovations, and much more!
Join the GWEC Market Intelligence team and industry leaders on 25 March at 11:00-12:00 CET for the official launch of the Global Wind Report 2021, and learn more about the key findings from the report, how wind energy can power decarbonisation to achieve net zero targets globally, and the most exciting markets to watch for wind power across the world!
- Ben Backwell, CEO, GWEC
- Representative from Vestas
Top 5 Takeaways from the Global Wind Report 2021
Joyce Lee, Head of Projects and Policy, GWEC
World tour of key wind power markets
- China – Feng Zhao, Head of Market Intelligence and Strategy, GWEC and Qin Haiyan, Secretary General, Chinese Wind Energy Association
- Vietnam – Liming Qiao, Head of GWEC Asia
- India – Martand Shardul, Policy Director, GWEC India
- South Africa – Ntombifuthi Ntuli, CEO? South African Wind Energy Association
- Brazil – Selma Bellini, Head of Communications and Institutional Relations, ABEEolica
- Mexico – Ramon Fiestas, Chair of GWEC’s Latin America Task Force
- US – John Hensley, VP of Research & Analytics, America Clean Power Association
- Global Offshore – Alastair Dutton, Chair of GWEC’s Global Offshore Wind Task Force
Ben Backwell, CEO, GWEC
Note: GWEC experts will be online to answer all your questions via the Q&A tool in the Zoom webinar.