12-13 October 2020
Over the next ten years, 15GW of new capacity annually is expected to be added to the global offshore market, driven mainly by Asia. Forecasters predict that Taiwan will become the second largest offshore market in Asia, installing 5.5GW offshore wind target by 2025 and about 1GW of new capacity each year going forward. On top of the environmental and health benefits that come with moving to clean wind energy, Taiwan serves to benefit greatly from a booming offshore market to stimulate the local economy, creating green jobs, investment in local infrastructure, and becoming an export hub for the growing offshore industry.
It is clear that Taiwan has great potential to become a leader in offshore wind – but what can we do to make sure this potential becomes reality?
After a period of great political uncertainty and proposed changes to the Feed in Tariff which concerned many of the offshore wind industry’s top developers, the Taiwanese government has now announced a revision to proposed changes to the Feed in Tariff (FiT) for offshore wind, making investment in the market attractive again. Although there are still concerns, this means that the offshore industry is back in business in Taiwan!
About the Event
There is huge interest in building up a crucial offshore market in Taiwan by leading industry developers and the government alike. On the 12-13 October, the Global Offshore Wind Summit – Taiwan will gather all these stakeholders under the same roof to discuss how to best ensure that this market reaches its full potential. Organised by the Global Wind Energy Council and the European Chamber of Commerce Taiwan – Low Carbon Initiative, this is the official event for the offshore wind industry as they look to develop a key market in Taiwan.
The Taiwanese government has certainly recognised the benefits of building an offshore wind market. In November 2019, Taiwan’s President Tsai Ing-wen and its Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) unveiled the doubled target (to add 10GW of extra capacity from 2026 to 2035) for development in the Taiwan Strait. The desire is clearly there to build a booming offshore wind market in Taiwan, and the Global Offshore Wind Summit – Taiwan is the perfect opportunity that can make this happen.
Join us on the 12-13 October 2020 in Taipei to be part of the official industry event for offshore wind and be a leader in the Taiwan market!
8:30 – 18:00 Global Offshore Wind Summit Taiwan Conference
- Asia in Focus: Emerging Asian Offshore Markets
- CEO Forum: Developing Asian’s Offshore Wind Industry
- Building Taiwan’s Offshore Wind Industry: Local Supply Chain, Infrastructure, and Manpower
- Technical Sessions
- Offshore Wind Turbine Technology (Anti-Typhoon and Earthquake Design) and the Optimization of the Electricity Output
- Underwater Structure and Construction
- Offshore Vessels and the Entrants of the Players in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Building local Supply Chain in Taiwan
- Standardization, Certification and Training Needs in Offshore Wind
- Offshore Wind Assessment, Siting and Marine Water Condition Survey
- Grid Integration and Grid-Related Technologies including Digitalisation
- Emerging Offshore Markets and Floating Foundations
9:00 – 12:00 Global Offshore Wind Summit Taiwan Conference
- Mayor Session: Building Offshore Wind Industry Ecosystem at City level
- Building a Sustainable and Cost-Effective Port Facilities and Knowledge Sharing Between Taiwan and European Counterparts on Ports Planning and Managements
- High-Level Finance Forum
Attendees of the Global Offshore Wind Summit – Taiwan can take advantage of exclusive discounts at the following hotels in Taipei.