Applications now open for Women in Wind 2020!
Today marks the opening of the application period for the second year of the Women in Wind Global Leadership Program! Join GWEC and the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) in promoting best practices for gender diversity within the wind industry, and advancing the role of women as agents of change in society. Officially launched in 2019, the Women in Wind program includes:
- A dedicated program of training and mentoring, aimed at providing participants with multidisciplinary experience and global perspectives;
- A network of mentors among leading women in the wind industry;
- A comprehensive education program incorporating the latest technological developments and best practices from the industry;
- A platform to assist leading companies in the sector in identifying talent and reaching new gender equality benchmarks; and,
- A growing network of alumni who can serve as mentors for future generations of women entering the industry, as wind becomes one of the world’s dominant energy sources.
Interest was high for last year’s edition, with applications received from all over the world. With a full year of milestones behind us, we are looking forward to an even bigger and more impactful program in 2020.
Making the case for diversity in developing countries and emerging markets is a core principle of the program. Applicants must be citizens or residents of the following emerging markets for wind power: Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
Additional requirements include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- 4+ years of professional experience in the wind energy industry;
- A track record of leadership and achievement in professional career or otherwise; and
- Professional working proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Applications will be accepted until 16 February 2020, 23:59 CET
. Don’t miss this chance to be part of this exciting program for future female leaders in wind, and apply at the link below.