About the Webinar
As a global industrial powerhouse, India has emerged as a key actor and partner for the Biden Administration in the fight against climate change. In March, US and Indian energy ministers struck an agreement to revamp the US-India Strategic Energy Partnership to reflect the new priorities of green energy and low-carbon development. This watershed moment for US-India energy cooperation is expected to bring greater collaboration in clean energy research in hydrogen as well as collaboration on innovative mechanisms for renewable energy financing. Stronger cooperation in these areas could support both countries in meeting – and raising – their clean energy ambitions, but the objectives and outcomes of a revised energy partnership are yet to be determined.
This panel will discuss how the US-India Strategic Energy Partnership could accelerate the pace of clean energy investment and innovation in both countries, and the greatest opportunities for bilateral cooperation. It will touch on a range of topics, from investment barriers in clean energy deployment in both the US and India, green hydrogen production and cost reduction, as well as how clean energy can support the decarbonization of other sectors like transport and industry.
- Deepak Gupta, Senior Vice President, Renew Power
- Ajay Shankar, Distinguished Fellow at TERI and Former Secretary to the Government of India
- Monali Zeya Hazra, Regional Energy Manager and Clean Energy Specialist, USAID
- Tarun Shankar, Senior Infrastructure Investment Specialist, IFC
- Jake Schmidt, Senior Strategic Director, International Climate, NRDC
- Martand Shardul, Policy Director, GWEC India
The webinar is an official side event of the US Climate Action Week, organised by The Climate Group.
Welcome and introduction to the GWEC and Informa Markets strategic partnership
- GWEC Representative
- Gareth Rapley, Group Director – Energy & Utilities, Informa Markets
Overview of GWEC and Informa Markets events in 2021
- India Wind Power – Rajneesh Khattar, Group Director – India, Informa Markets
- Asia Wind Power and Vietnam Wind Power – BT Tee, General Manager – Vietnam, Informa Markets
- Global Net Zero Summit – Deep Karani, Exhibition Director, Informa Markets
- MENA Wind Power – Ramy Boushra, Exhibition Manager, Informa Markets
Your chance to ask all your burning questions about the GWEC and Informa partnership, our events in 2021, and how your company can get involved!