AWS Truepower was acquired by global safety science company UL in 2016. DEWI was acquired by UL in 2012. Both companies are now officially changing their brand names to reflect their new identity.
“Our company and our brand have been evolving since our founding 35 years ago through acquisitions, new products and service lines, a unique culture, and the expertise of our employees,” states Michael Brower in a recent press statement. “We are starting this next chapter in our evolution by adopting the UL brand, logo, and identity.”
What will change:
- Our email addresses. Our emails will change to [email protected] However, previous email addresses will still reach us for a transition period.
- Our logo. We will use the internationally recognized logo of UL, along with the wordmark “Renewables” on our materials, website, and at conferences.
- Our website. We will have a fresh new look with the UL brand, but will continue to produce industry-leading content in our Knowledge Center that has become our hallmark.
- Our social media. We will be retiring our existing accounts and rebuilding our social media presence at the following sites: Linked In, Facebook, and Twitter. Please take the time to follow our new sites so you don’t miss anything, like our upcoming webinar on cybersecurity in renewables.
- Our reach. Under UL we have been able to build a truly global, international team of renewable energy experts in every region of the world with expertise in everything from renewable project development to energy storage, to certification, and the list keeps growing.
What will not change:
- Current agreements. All existing contracts and agreements will remain in place.